Seven Hermetic Principles
as found in the Kybalion among other ancient texts. They are naturally existing laws of the universe and shape our reality. With the understanding and appreciation of these laws, one can live more harmoniously with themselves and the natural world.
1) The Principle of Mentalism – This principle states that the universe and everything around us is a mental construct. We are all co-creating our perceptions of the world and everything around us.
2) The Principle of Correspondence – This principle informs us that the microcosm is a direct reflection of the macrocosm and vice versa. It is from this principle that we derive the saying “as above, so below.” This can be seen all throughout the universe. Microscopic organisms mimic the same shapes and forms of galaxies.
3) The Principle of Vibration -This principle shows us that everything in the universe is made up of vibratory energy. We are at our essence, vibratory light energy.
4) The Principle of Polarity -This principle exemplifies the natural duality that exists within nature. Hot and cold, light and dark, good and evil. Without an opposite, these expressions would lose their identity. All opposites are just varying degrees of the same thing.
5) The Principle of Rhythm – This principle says that all elements in the natural world move in a rhythm. This can be seen in the animal kingdom as well as the cosmos. Everything fluctuates.
6) The Principle of Cause and Effect – This principle demonstrates that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Everything we do has an effect on something. Once this concept is grasped, we see that what we do really does matter.
7) The Principle of Gender – This principle states that everything has masculine and feminine characteristics. We all have rationale (attributed to the masculine) and compassion (attributed to the feminine). A balance of these elements is essential to the completion of the individual. This is true in a physical sense as well in that when we are born, our gender is merely determined by a one chromosome differential.
These principles have been passed on since time-immemorial through various mystery schools and esoteric philosophies. With the ongoing awakening that is taking place all around us, the understanding of these priciples by the individual provides that person with a key to unlocking the doors of their understanding of the mysteries of life. These principles are coming to light again for a reason. Take head and let them guide you on your path.
What is the 8th Natural Law?
8) The Creation of Care – The ‘container’ in which all of the principles of natural law exist – What we care about on a daily basis acts as the driving force of our thoughts, manifestations, energy and actions.
What is higher consciousness?
What is higher consciousness?
Higher consciousness is the consciousness of a higher Self, transcendental reality. Self awareness at the highest level.
It is “the part of the human being that is capable of transcending animal instincts”.
Higher consciousness is spiritual/mystical awareness. There are many progressive, sublime levels of higher consciousness which you can experience as you learn how to daily transcend your normal mind — with its thoughts about past, present and future — to enter the infinite, unlimited part of your being.
Higher consciousness is ever-increasing awareness of your spiritual essence, the meaning of life and of the underlying spiritual nature in all things.
In elevating your awareness beyond your normal thought processes you can experience your true nature and potential.
In practicing the universal principles you can attune your awareness at will with unimaginable constructive peace and profound knowledge.
With awakened higher consciousness you live in wonder and delight as you create a finer life and a better world.
The more you can stand with Life, allowing it to move through you rather than reacting to it or controlling it, the more you begin to get glimpses of the sixth level of consciousness in which you see that Life is you.
You are no longer a separate being.
Instead, you merge completely back into the creative flow of Life, understanding that everything—every rock, person, cloud, molecule and butterfly is you.
You are Life!